Forum Discussion

10 months ago

Seeing Failed To Parse ServiceNow Integration

We are sometimes seeing “-2” as the ##EXTERNALTICKETID## when sending alerts to ServiceNow. When this happens and the alert clears it is not auto-closing the ticket in SNOW. Has anyone seen this or have any idea how to fix this. Seems when there is an event where multiple alerts generate and send to SNOW at once this happens.

13 Replies

• @Dave Lee You can get it through the API I had a thing going at one time or another. It was part of the unpublished api. You had/have to get the calls via web developer tools. My issue was some of the ordering didn’t work so I had to chunk through 100s of entries before I got to the newest.

• Another annoyance here is not being able to easily alert on this. I would love to be able to webhook out to our chat client when failures happen. Instead I have to manually go and check every few days to make sure things are flowing properly.

I tried setting up a web check for the inbound web service in Service Now but the http response was just too much information for it to be useful.  My thought was to watch for errors on the inbound web service and alert on timeouts etc.

• We did solve this a little while back, so thought I would post an update.

One of the guys in our Service Now team did some digging.  When an update is posted by LM into Service Now, it runs some code to find the associated ticket.  This is code that's part of the LM integration you install in Service Now.  We found that putting an extra line of code here, to filter only on open tickets, improved the processing speed considerably.

We've been running with this modification now for 6 months and have had no problems.  I believe LM has incorporated our suggested change into the LM integration, so make sure you have the latest version installed on your Service Now instance.