Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

Logic Monitor service now integration issue

hi, i have followed the documentation for setting up logic monitor with service now but when i test the alert delivery from the alert routing page I get a incident created in service now but I don’t get any of the details that should be included in the HTTP payload also the alert does not show up in the integration log. anyone have any suggestions or experienced similar issues ?

• When you use the test function the data sent over is pretty minimal and missing a lot of boilerplate data.

Try adjusting a threshold temporarily to set of a “legit” alert to verify the fields are or aren’t filling out properly.

3 Replies

• When you use the test function the data sent over is pretty minimal and missing a lot of boilerplate data.

Try adjusting a threshold temporarily to set of a “legit” alert to verify the fields are or aren’t filling out properly.

• Hi Joe, thank you for your advice. you are correct because the test function doesn't include an alert ID it looks like it ignores it I guess this intended and just to test the escalation chain is valid and nothing else. once I set CPU threshold to 5% it created the ticket successfully with details I wanted to map to the ticket. just need to get the external ticket id back to logic monitor.

• If you used the built in method, external ticket id should just work. Otherwise, look at the payload response from the integration log. It should be something along the lines of result.number or some such. You then set your response format to json and the json path to match.

We land on a custom table so our configuration is a bit odd and we need to use result.u_number in our case.