Forum Discussion

phakesley
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
12 days ago

LM Tokens can they be broken down

Hi, We have a ServiceNow integration and use the ##EXTERNALTICKETID## in our alerts views and dashboards. 

However I believe tokens are clunky and not particularly granular.

For example ##EXTERNALTICKETID## also contains the integration name as part of the token. Something we do not want all we need is the TicketId as per the JSON payload. In addition it is not possible to rename the column header is alerts and dashboards. This makes look untidy. 

Would it be possible to have something like:

##EXTERNALTICKETID.TICKET## with the ability to have a DISPLAYNAME option
##EXTERNALTICKETID.INTEGRATION##with the ability to have a DISPLAYNAME option

3 Replies

• I love this idea. However, posting it in the community, while it will gather support from other community members, will not likely get the attention of the product managers. You'll need to submit this through your portal under support >> contact support >> provide feedback.

That said, for a long time that system has been a black hole of ideas (ask any customer who has submitted feedback). There are glimmers of hope about some changes happening at LM that might change this, but I'll believe it when I see it.

• That said, the ##EXTERNALTICKETID## field is a list, not a string. So it would need to be something more like ##EXTERNALTICKETID.SERVICENOW.TICKET## or ##EXTERNALTICKETID.SERVICENOW.INTEGRATION##.

Being able to put have a display name shouldn't be part of the token, but part of the dashboard configuration. When adding the column, being able to put something like ##EXTERNALTICKETID.SERVICENOW.TICKET##Ticket No.## when adding the column would be great. That way the same field can have different names depending on where it's being used.

• Thanks and useful insight I have submitted some feedback lets see what happens.