Forum Discussion

Kelemvor
Icon for Expert rankExpert
6 months ago
Solved

Can LM record process information like what you see iN Task Manager?

When we get a high CPU alert, it might clear by the time we get logged on to see what’s going on.  Is there any way to have LM monitor running processes and their CPU percentage.  Then we could refer back to the timestamp that corresponds to the High CPU and see what was actually running.

Thanks.

• Of course it can, but not already built in.

On the Exchange there is WinProcessStats_WinRM which covers the CPU aspect.

Otherwise you can write your own in PowerShell and have it query the info you need.

4 Replies

• Of course it can, but not already built in.

On the Exchange there is WinProcessStats_WinRM which covers the CPU aspect.

Otherwise you can write your own in PowerShell and have it query the info you need.

• That said, I also use that data to get things like pagefaults to show when a machine will be producing what our clients call “Slowness”

Min/Avg/Max CPU/MEM per user session which is a way to collect single datapoints that can be evaluated to show where a user is abusing a system, without having to turn all of those sessions into instances. (I tend to filter out the system sessions to keep it to the actual user sessions for these).

• I use both get-process and get-wmiobject win32_process to get data for these types of dataSources.  I tend to target specific processes with it otherwise it can get very instance heavy as those processes come and go frequently.