Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Exclude Scheduled Downtime from SLA Reports

Could we have an option on the various SLA reports to exclude scheduled downtime?

It would allow us to give the customer and accurate SLA report, as the period that we have scheduled is excluded from their SLA with us.

9 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • This is a great request!

We have a Saturday maintenance window, and being able to exclude it from SLA calculations would be very useful.

• Hi Annie

Excluding SDT would still be useful as they also indicated scheduled maintenance outside the regular intervals.

• We added a few improvements to the SLA configuration recently, which allow you to pick days of week and time of day.  We are also adding the ability to ignore SLAs set on the device group or device - coming soon.

• Yet another request for this feature.  I'm on the hook to provide this with my own scripting but would rather have it baked into LogicMonitor and ready to go!  Any idea of when this feature is scheduled for release?

• I just requested this through a ticket with LogicMonitor, they said it sounded like a great idea and that I should post it here for others to discuss...sounds like it has been discussed for at least 6 months now...I need it badly.  Our clients view a dashboard with their uptime.  Even though they are aware of our maintenance windows, it is still not a great picture to show them 97.2% when we have to refund them portions of their monthly fees for anything below 99.9%.  

• ...Also, Annie's response on Sep 2, 2016 wasn't helpful...telling us that there are unrelated changes to the SLA widget doesn't address the requested feature at all.

• After speaking to LM about this, I see that the SLA Report already includes this functionality, but only for Devices.  I'm told that this will be moved to the SLA Widget for Devices in an upcoming sprint (no guarantee, but he was optimistic it would be in the next couple of sprints).  However, neither of these addresses Services.  Neither the SLA Report, nor the SLA Widget, have a way to exclude SDT for services.

• There is a feature to exclude SDT periods in Widgets and reports for both Devices and Services.