Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Reporting APC PDU power usage

I have a client looking to monitor their colo rack power usage and have a monthly report showing consumed power.
Ultimately, they want to be sure they are being billed fairly by their hosting data center for the amount of power consumed.

the basic Idea is to use the snmp info from the PDU to aggregate the monthly power consumed.
Logic monitor has APC PDU data sources that include a "live" view of the amps per phase on the 3 phase PDU

Ideally, we want to avoid using APC datacenter expert or the like to manage the data.
Has anyone worked on converting the amps to kilowatts and reporting on that directly in logic monitor?

14 Replies

• I was tinkering with the big number widget and looks like it "could" do this. However, it is displaying Resource not found
    I tried using sum, min and max from the new watthour complex datpoint and from the snmp raw value
    its seems like this is right at the cusp of working..... so frustrating :)/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

So if a widget is not possible, is there a way to create a Resource Metric Trend Report with a custom configuration?
    being able to adjust Column titles, the data scaling and data labels would make this almost usable for a client facing report. 

If a custom report solution isnt an option, is there a way to integrate to PowerBI?

Anonymous

What you're seeing when you see sum/min/max/average is actually the sum of the most recent data for all instances that match your glob expression.

I'm sure you can integrate into PowerBI. Reports have CSV output option. I think you can trigger the report to gen via API then fetch the URL from which you can fetch the data.

Not sure if you're overlooking the report options, but what you see in the dialog is what you get. 

• 16 hours ago, Stuart Weenig said:

What you're seeing when you see sum/min/max/average is actually the sum of the most recent data for all instances that match your glob expression.

I'm sure you can integrate into PowerBI. Reports have CSV output option. I think you can trigger the report to gen via API then fetch the URL from which you can fetch the data.

Not sure if you're overlooking the report options, but what you see in the dialog is what you get. 

Thanks Stuart

I really dont want to use an external system for this, but it sounds like we have run this as far as we can with Logic Monitor reporting and widgets. 
    I looked through the feature requests as you mentioned before and I couldnt find anything that sounded like this. So I submitted as new one and figured they could be joined if the other one pops up. 

Thank you again for all of your help

Anonymous

Understood. For what it's worth, the Feature Requests forum on this community isn't the comprehensive list of feature requests. It's meant to be a place where feature requests can be brought up, fleshed out, and shown support by customers. I am sure the official FR system (known internally as FEED) has this in it. That said, the FR forum here is monitored by the Product Management team and they usually take it into consideration when planning the roadmap. Your CSM can assist with that by making sure your post in the FR forum gets turned into an actual record in the FEED system.