Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Can you suggest please : One single Datasource for Multiple server

When i use One single Datasource for Multiple servers it then displays all the Raw Data on any of the server from Datasource. 

Can I force it to display only specific Data point outputs on the RawDat tab. 

Thank you 

Please ask me if you need more elaboration. 

12 Replies

• Hey Stuart 

After spending some time on it i managed to get some sample scripts and understood exactly what it does and how. 

## Active Script ##

$hostname = '##SYSTEM.HOSTNAME##'

$namespace = "root\cimv2"

$query = "SELECT NAME FROM Win32_LogicalDisk"

$output = Get-WmiObject -Namespace $namespace -ComputerName $hostname -Query $query

foreach ($instance in $output) {  

$name = $instance.Name

Write-Host "$name##$name"

}

exit

## Collector Script ##

$hostname = '##SYSTEM.HOSTNAME##'

$wildvalue = '##WILDVALUE##'

$namespace = "root\cimv2"

$query = "SELECT * FROM Win32_LogicalDisk WHERE NAME='$wildvalue'"

$output = Get-WmiObject -Namespace $namespace -ComputerName $hostname -Query $query

Write-Host "Size=$($output.Size)"

Write-Host "FreeSpace=$($output.FreeSpace)"

exit

Now i remain with few other questions

1. This is WMI so gets me the partition names, how can i get the paths to iterate in Active script

So I manually Added monitored instances under my resource, but didn't work for me. 

2. Tried Setting up UNC.PATH, didn't work 

I'll spend time trying few things here n there until I hear back from you. 

Please advice 

Thank you 

Anonymous
    On 5/17/2020 at 1:36 AM, Ashiwad said:

1. This is WMI so gets me the partition names, how can i get the paths to iterate in Active script

So I manually Added monitored instances under my resource, but didn't work for me. 

If you have an active discovery script, you won't need to manually add instances. If you want to discover different instances, like folders instead of partition names, you'll need to adjust your query. You might consider pulling from the Win32_Directory class instead of the Win32_LogicalDisk class.

On 5/17/2020 at 1:36 AM, Ashiwad said:

2. Tried Setting up UNC.PATH, didn't work 

Not sure what you tried to setup here.

From the looks of your script, you could probably do this without a script by using the built in WMI collector. To help you get started, this is how you would set it up to pull free space on each logical drive. I did this so you can compare it to what you already have in your script. To make it for folders, like I said above, you'd need to use the Win32_Directory class instead. I'm not familiar with that class, so you'd have to do a little research.