Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

Import/Export datasources between production and sandbox

Hi All,

We’ve created / altered a ton of datasources through time.

After all this time, we would like to sync our datasources from production to the sandbox environment.

After a short chat with Support, there is no easy solution for this if i don’t want to publish all datasources.

Does anyone have an idea to resolve this? If not, it seems this feature would be great to have.

• From one Timothy to another, I think there may be a solution for this! From your sandbox portal, go into My Module Toolbox then hit the plus (Add) button, then “Import from Repository.” At this point, it will ask you from which portal you’d like to import modules from. You would enter your production URL (productionportal.logicmonitor.com) and credentials from a valid user account in the production portal.

At this point it should present you with all the DataSources you have in prod and give you the easy option to import them all. 

Let us know if this works!

-Tim

2 Replies

• You would enter your production URL (productionportal.logicmonitor.com) and credentials from a valid user account in the production portal.

Note that this may fail if the two portals are not on the same version, atleast that was the case in the past. So you may only have a smallish time window when both portals are the same for this to work, as typically the sandbox gets upgraded before production.

Also I don’t think an SSO account works and the user needs to be local to the prod portal.

TimC
    Icon for LM Champion rankLM Champion

From one Timothy to another, I think there may be a solution for this! From your sandbox portal, go into My Module Toolbox then hit the plus (Add) button, then “Import from Repository.” At this point, it will ask you from which portal you’d like to import modules from. You would enter your production URL (productionportal.logicmonitor.com) and credentials from a valid user account in the production portal.

At this point it should present you with all the DataSources you have in prod and give you the easy option to import them all. 

Let us know if this works!

-Tim