Forum Discussion

pgordon
Icon for Advisor rankAdvisor
2 years ago

Using CUCM CDR Data for Reviewing Call History

I’m new to LogicMonitor and am looking to see if there’s a way to get a table of call history. We have CUCM sending over the CDR data and it looks like some of it is being pulled in, but I don’t see where I could generate a table with who made a call, who received it, the call duration, and timestamp at minimum. 

15 Replies

• Are you licensed for LM Logs? If so, I’d suggest ingesting them that way (there are lots of ways to skin that cat). Once you do, you can use parse methods (or maybe a Log Source, but I think they’re beta) to extract the data into the fields you want. If the files are local to the collector, you can use fluentd to pick them up and send them to LM (why doesn’t the collector have a local LM Logs option @Kellena? You have to use fluentd to get logs from the collector’s disk into LM Logs? Is that right?). Alternatively you can setup a standalone fluentd and use it to gather the logs from your CUCM server(s) and forward them to LM Logs. That would eliminate the custom FTP operation and take the collector out of the picture altogether.

If you want to see them in the custom DS, you’ll probably have to build that yourself or get PS to do it if they built the modules originally.

• The easiest way to view a simple table that displays call data, as you’ve outlined above, is to create a datasource that ingests all individual call records and consolidates them into one or more CSVs. If you have LM Logs, you could ingest the CUCM files and create pipelines that look for the data that you want displayed.

• Yes, CUCM is sending the files via FTP to a directory specified by cucm.path on the resource and I am seeing some CDR datasources populating. 

I’m all ears if there is a better way to do this though we generally avoid using Netflow

• Are you sending CDRs in as Netflow or LM Logs or some other method? The way it’s coming in determines how you can use it.

• I believe this data is obtained from files, correct? Our PS team has developed custom logicmodules to obtain this info but I do not believe it is available OOB.