Forum Discussion

8 years ago

External Ticket ID - Add via REST

LM Team, 

I am hoping there's an easy way to do this already. I'm looking to update the externalticketid via a REST API call vs an integration. Is this possible with the alerts REST APIs? 

Sarah_Terry
    Icon for Product Manager rankProduct Manager

Hi Tom,

You can certainly get the external ticket id associated with an alert via REST API, but updating may be trickier.  Can you provide a bit more context re your use case on this one?

Thanks,

Sarah

• I don't use the built in integrations to create tickets in our ticketing system, I use an external script that polls for alerts and actively updates tickets with additional data. 

Currently I use the acknowledge to say a ticket has been created but I like the idea of leaving them unacknowledged with just a note, however this poses some level of issue for what's already had a ticket created. I was hoping to use the externalticketid reference for this. However, I can just use the ackcomment field and that would work. 

I could also possibly investigate using an integration for the initial ticket update, but i lose a level of automation that way. It would also require an integration to be created for every one of my clients. 

Sarah_Terry
    Icon for Product Manager rankProduct Manager

Hi Tom -

Thanks, that makes sense.  There isn't currently a method for setting the external ticket id outside of an integration - that's all specific to our integration logic.  We can consider it for future improvement, however.

Thanks,

Sarah