Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Autotask and LogicMonitor Integration - Ticket Closure Issue

Hi! 

I haven't been able to find any specific documentation of trouble associated with this issue so I thought I'd reach out to the community! 

My team has LogicMonitor integrated with Autotask that we use to open/close tickets, however, it appears that only certain tickets get closed when LogicMonitor alerts disappear. 

Everything in the integration itself is setup properly to permit closure of these tickets, (Cleared is set to Complete) but often it doesn't occur and we have to clear the alerts from autotask manually which, as you can imagine, can be a time intensive task. 

Any troubleshooting steps or settings in either LogicMonitor or Autotask that I should look into to fix this issue? 

Thank you all for any help you guys can provide! 

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Is there a specific kind of alert that is not clearing?

For example, we do have a known issue where alerts that are triggered on an instance, that is then removed (either manually or via active discovery), while the instance is in alert, do not have the clear notification sent to the integration.

That is being worked on now.

Is this a Windows events, as opposed to datasources, or batchjobs?

Any more details appreciated!

• @LanceiT1 in AutoTask if you look at the ticket history, is the ticket trying to be set to completed? Sometimes in AutoTask a resolution needs to be entered for it to be considered complete, might be that the API call isn't being allowed because of a system setting. 

• On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, Steve Francis said:

Is there a specific kind of alert that is not clearing?

For example, we do have a known issue where alerts that are triggered on an instance, that is then removed (either manually or via active discovery), while the instance is in alert, do not have the clear notification sent to the integration.

That is being worked on now.

Is this a Windows events, as opposed to datasources, or batchjobs?

Any more details appreciated!

We did verify that there is a setting that requires a verification note that is required to have Autotask tickets completed. 

Would anyone here have a best practice on how to get around that requirement? 

As we would like to keep the completion note, but want to have our LogicMonitor integration be able to close tickets.

• There's a setting in the site settings to modify this to not require the "resolution" to be entered for completed tickets. You could also change the ticket category with a workflow rule to then make the "resolution" field not required on a different ticket category specifically for LogicMonitor Alerts. 

• I know I am coming in on this late but I seem to have the same problem when I look at the HTTP response I see the following:

Server Error in '/ATServices' Application.

The user account has been locked.  Please see your Autotask Administrator for details.

Not sure why but the account becomes locked when LocigMonitor goes to close the ticket off within AutoTask, I then have to unlock the account and try again and the same thing happens any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I have gone the the payload and it all looks correct and seems that its correct as it opens a ticket it just will not close them