Forum Discussion

3 years ago

WMI Method Call Collection type for Win32_EncryptableVolume Lock Status

Hey LM Community! 

I hope this finds you well. I was asked to find a way to monitor the Lock Status on the protected drives for a handful of our servers. Initially, I wanted to tackle this with remote-PowerShell and wrote a script that I believe will accomplish this. I wanted to use the WMI collection method, and I'm curious if any of you have implemented a DataSource that uses the WMI Method Call collection type. It doesn't' seem to matter how I configure this; I can't get it to work, and I couldn't find much documentation around it. 

Here is a screen shot of my Active Discovery (Which is working): 

And two different Collector Attributes I've tried. Notice on the second one, I've added slashes around the auto.DeviceID. This was because when testing with wbemtest, the relative path had those in it, and I was able to connect to that instance with wbemtest when they were included. 

I've also attempted to use the !wmimethod in the collector Debug a handful of times with no luck. I'm hoping one of you can easily point out what I might be doing wrong, or if this particular query isn't possible for some reason. 

I'll failback to my PowerShell method, if needed!

Thanks for a second set of eyes! 

Adam

1 Reply

• I wasn't able to get this module working using the WMI collection method, but I did accomplish this via Remote-PowerShell. I published the module to the exchange you can find it with locator code: WM23AX. 
    This module will monitor the lock status of encrypted drives using the Win32_EncryptableVolume WMI Class, and the GetLockStatus method. 

Happy Collecting!