Forum Discussion

pgordon
Icon for Advisor rankAdvisor
2 years ago

Using CUCM CDR Data for Reviewing Call History

I’m new to LogicMonitor and am looking to see if there’s a way to get a table of call history. We have CUCM sending over the CDR data and it looks like some of it is being pulled in, but I don’t see where I could generate a table with who made a call, who received it, the call duration, and timestamp at minimum. 

15 Replies

• Awesome, that is where I’ll direct my attention then. Thank you both!

• @Stuart Weenig - FluentD is the most widely used option but there are OTel collector and LogStash options as well, depending on the use case. Search for “Log Files on Disk” on this page.

Can you install an OTel collector on the same box as a regular collector?

• @Stuart Weenig Probably, I’ll have to look more into it

• @Stuart Weenig - Yes, you can install an OTel collector on the same box as a regular collector. However, that box will then need to share its resources with both collectors. Depending on the log streaming requirements, this could impact the performance and capabilities of the regular collector.

• Yeah, that’s why i was thinking the ability that the otel collector has to push local logs into LM logs should be built into the standard collector. If there are no log sources for it, it wouldn’t take any additional resources from the collector.