Forum Discussion

10 months ago
Solved

Tripp Lite UPS monitoring

Hello,

I was wondering, what would be the best way to monitor a Tripp Lite UPS? LM has OOB stuff for APC, Liebert, etc, but not Tripp Lite. I was in one of the LM webinars not too long ago that showed off utilizing OID’s. It doesn’t look like that one was published (yet anyways). I noticed that LM does have some OOB datasources for Eaton. Perhaps cloning them and tweaking the OID’s could potentially work?

https://assets.tripplite.com/flyer/supported-snmp-oids-technical-application-bulletin-en.pdf

Thanks,

Zach

• I just created a suite of addition EatonUPS DSs based of the XUPSMIB. I guess technically, it’s not limited to those. I just wasn’t getting very much data out of the built in one. If you’re interested, i’ll push it up to github.

Since you have the OIDs (though not seeing it in SMI MIB format is a little odd, but that’s ok), you should be able to just bang through it by brute force. 

Note that any OIDs in that list that end in .x will need to be multi-instance with active discovery. So for example the tlpATSCircuit table. You’ll need to specify 

1.3.6.1.4.1.850.1.1.3.4.3.4.1.1.1 as the “SNMP OID” for dicovery, using Discovery Type: wildcard (because there doesn’t appear to be an OID with the circuit names, only numbers).

Then your datapoint for tlpATSCircuitInputVoltage would use multiline key-value pairs and look like this:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.850.1.1.3.4.3.4.1.1.3.1.##WILDVALUE##

5 Replies

mray
    Icon for LM Conqueror rankLM Conqueror

@Zach Sterling I’m seeing a TrippLite module package in the LM Exchange (author @Kevin Ford). 

More info on the Modules page: https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/modules-overview

Please do keep in mind that these modules are not supported or maintained by LogicMonitor. But as @John Mathews has stated, please feel encouraged to engage support for any guidance or questions you may have! 

• I just created a suite of addition EatonUPS DSs based of the XUPSMIB. I guess technically, it’s not limited to those. I just wasn’t getting very much data out of the built in one. If you’re interested, i’ll push it up to github.

Since you have the OIDs (though not seeing it in SMI MIB format is a little odd, but that’s ok), you should be able to just bang through it by brute force. 

Note that any OIDs in that list that end in .x will need to be multi-instance with active discovery. So for example the tlpATSCircuit table. You’ll need to specify 

1.3.6.1.4.1.850.1.1.3.4.3.4.1.1.1 as the “SNMP OID” for dicovery, using Discovery Type: wildcard (because there doesn’t appear to be an OID with the circuit names, only numbers).

Then your datapoint for tlpATSCircuitInputVoltage would use multiline key-value pairs and look like this:

.1.3.6.1.4.1.850.1.1.3.4.3.4.1.1.3.1.##WILDVALUE##

• @Zach Sterling If you open a support case with a sample device, we may be able to get you a “super easy snmp datasource” which you can embellish on your own.  Please link this post to the ticket if you decide to do so.

• Thank you for the replies everyone! I’m having some issues with the PDU/ATS datasources with the LM Exchange package. @Stuart Weenig, can I attempt to use your solution?

• Alright, here it is. Like i said, I built the MIBs specifically for an Eaton device, but since it’s the XUPSMIB, it should theoretically work for other devices. You may want to play with the AppliesTo to make it make more sense. YMMV.