Forum Discussion

3 years ago

No Data and Error not seen before

Hello,

I have an issue where on a VM where a collector is installed it is returning No Data for items such as System Uptime and CPU but returning data for Memory and Processes. When I do a Poll Now on the System Uptime it Times Out. If I do Poll Now on CPU I get NaN and this  message: "java.io.IOException: winproxy return status=0x00000261 errmsg=Process the request timeout" I tried to re-install the collector but still getting the same error. I also restarted the LogicMonitor Agent and Watchdog Services along with the WMI service. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot and resolve? Any help is much appreciated! Thank you.

5 Replies

• have you done a WMI rebuild on the counter? we have seen this and it resolved our issue. 

• Interesting. And it's checks for the collector itself? I would check the EventLog for crashes or other messages, along with the Collector log files. I would also check for any antivirus or security software that might be causing problems. Make sure that nothing it stopping PowerShell from running or killing it since the collector might use PowerShell for some wmi queries.

Can you query Uptime and CPU on the server directly using WBEMTEST or get-wmiobject?

• Hi Mike,

Thank you for the quick response! Where would I find the log files? I will run some additional tests using WBEMTEST and let you know what I find. Thank you.

• have you done a WMI rebuild on the counter? we have seen this and it resolved our issue. 

i know it’s late to reply to this thread but you might used this.