Forum Discussion

9 months ago
Solved

Monitoring Microsoft Teams Rooms

We’ve been adding a lot of collaboration A/V tech to our office. We’re already monitoring Zoom Rooms via the Zoom SaaS Cloud monitoring (which isn’t great as it’s visibility is only per room, not per devices -- but it’s “good enough” for now).

We’re adding a bunch of Microsoft Teams Rooms as well for the same purpose. We already have Office 365 SaaS Cloud monitoring however I’ve found no option for monitoring the integrated ‘Rooms’ features in the same way we do Zoom Rooms. Has anyone else managed to do this (Office 365 SaaS monitoring or otherwise)?

• Good afternoon @djAesthetic, you’re correct that as of this moment there are no core modules geared towards collecting metrics related to MS Teams Rooms. Investigating our community, it doesn’t appear there are any modules or attempts to gather data related to rooms.

With that said, it does look like room data can be gathered via the Graph API, which we already use for collecting other O365 data. Along those lines, I’d suggest submitting a feature request via feedback to push to get this added to our monitoring suite, but in the meantime, you should be able to create a custom module that calls the aforementioned API to pull room data into LogicMonitor.

3 Replies

• Good afternoon @djAesthetic, you’re correct that as of this moment there are no core modules geared towards collecting metrics related to MS Teams Rooms. Investigating our community, it doesn’t appear there are any modules or attempts to gather data related to rooms.

With that said, it does look like room data can be gathered via the Graph API, which we already use for collecting other O365 data. Along those lines, I’d suggest submitting a feature request via feedback to push to get this added to our monitoring suite, but in the meantime, you should be able to create a custom module that calls the aforementioned API to pull room data into LogicMonitor.

• @tswisdom Appreciate the response.

re: Creating a custom module that called the aforementioned API to pull the room data? That’d unfortunately be a fairly hefty mountain for me to climb as I’m just an engineer with a comically small amount of spare time to do so right now. (You’re not WRONG, just stating reality.) Good to know the info is at least THERE.