Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Issue with the "Company" field in ServiceNow integration setup

Hello,

I am having an issue while setting up my Incident Mgmt integration with ServiceNow. I am able to generate the API key, and authenticate using an account created in ServiceNow. When I get to the ServiceNow settings on the LM platform, there is a required field called "Company" The field will not populate with any options to select. When I begin to type my companies name, a popup tells me to select from dropdown, however there is no dropdown to select anything from. I verified within ServiceNow that there is a "Companies" table with various sites set up as company. I am able to filter through incidents using the "Company" field within ServiceNow as well. I tried typing in a few of the Companies listed in the table exactly how they are shown with no joy. Has anyone experienced this before?

3 Replies

Anonymous

Just checking bases: when you say "I am able to generate the API key, and authenticate using an account created in ServiceNow," you mean you put the credentials in the "ServiceNow Authentication" section of the wizard and clicked the "Authenticate" button. From that you got a message that authentication was successful?

If that's the case, I'd reach out to LM support.

• When I type in my credentials and select "authenticate" , the authentication section of the wizard collapses and lets me continue on to the next section of the wizard. Im assuming that this means authentication works because if I type in invalid credentials, a popup tells me my credentials are incorrect. I reached out to support and they have escalated the issue so hopefully we see some movement soon!

• With the Problem Management Best Practice – Madrid plugin activated, customer service agents can view the following information in the case work notes:
    When the state of a related problem is updated, the text of the work note includes a link to the problem.
    When Communicate Workaround is clicked from the related problem, the workaround text is copied to the case work notes.
    When Communicate Fix is clicked from the related problem, the fix text is copied to the case work notes.
    When the problem is resolved or closed with a specific resolution code:
    State is Closed and Resolution Code is Cancelled, the Cancelled Reason text is copied to the case work notes.
    State is Closed and Resolution Code is Risk Accepted, the Cause notes, Risk accepted reason, and Fix notes are copied to the case work notes.
    State is Resolved and Resolution Code is Fix Applied, the Cause notes and Fix notes are copied to the case work notes.
    State is Closed and Resolution Code is Fix Applied, the Cause notes and Fix notes are copied to the case work notes.
    With the Problem Management Best Practice - Madrid -

If You Start a Business and your Knowledge Integration plugin activated, the customer service agent can view information in the case work notes when a Known Error Article is created for or associated to a related problem. The work note includes a link to the article.