Forum Discussion

Kelemvor
Icon for Expert rankExpert
5 months ago
Solved

Is there a way to configure an Alert Rule to only match websites OR resources?

If I have a group under Resources called Production, and I have a group under Websites called Production, because LM only matches things based on Text, there doesn’t seem to be any way to specify which of those I want to match.  This also means that if I ever rename a group, I will break the alert rule since the text will no longer match, but that’s a different issue.

I wanted to make a catch-all group for resources and one for websites, for anything that isn’t being picked up by an alert rule.  But I want them to go to different places which doesn’t seem like it’s possible, unless I’m overlooking something.

Thanks.

• This can actually be accomplished using the LogicModule filter in your alert rules. All website related alerts are associated with a “website” LogicModule. Because of this, we can configure a rule to match only Website alerts by specifying “website” in the LogicModule filter, or vice versa, exclude website alerts with a negative pattern match “!website” in the filter.

3 Replies

• This can actually be accomplished using the LogicModule filter in your alert rules. All website related alerts are associated with a “website” LogicModule. Because of this, we can configure a rule to match only Website alerts by specifying “website” in the LogicModule filter, or vice versa, exclude website alerts with a negative pattern match “!website” in the filter.

• You could accomplish this with resource properties and then match your rules on that property.

On the website folder do a property like alertrule=websites and on the resources one alertrule=resources.

Then you can create an alert rule, matching on all groups and resources but that matches a resource property filter.

Is this documented?