Forum Discussion

pgordon
Icon for Advisor rankAdvisor
2 months ago

Interface properties on Dashboard tables?

Is it just me or is it just not possible to add interface properties to the table widgets?

I was really excited hearing that we could now get properties listed on a table on a dashboard, but when I tried to do so, it seems that that didn't include instance properties. I've also noticed I can't select interface properties in reports either. 

I know I can go to the resource directly and look at the list but I don't understand why there would be a limitation on referencing these properties on the dashboard (or in a report). 

13 Replies

• pgordon wrote:

I was really excited hearing that we could now get properties listed on a table on a dashboard, but when I tried to do so, it seems that that didn't include instance properties. I've also noticed I can't select interface properties in reports either. 

Wait, how did this get by me? Been waiting years for this. Glad to read docs if any exist.

Mike_Moniz
      Icon for Professor rankProfessor

I found out about it from Sarah's "Accelerate to UIv4" LM Elevate session. Worth watching for those that haven't been fully watching (or avoiding) UIv4.

pgordon

yes! I saw that too but I can't find any of those again to save my life. 

• This has been something I've been really wanting to be able to do is create dashboards using properties...

There appears to be a "Resource Property" instead of "Datapoints" that can be selected but it's greyed out in both my live and sandbox environments.

• I noticed the same thing, it does say resource properties so I assume Instance properties are not currently supported. Will submit feedback for that improvement and suggest others that want that, do also.

pgordon

yes I did notice that as well. I would take using the instance groups too, those are pretty useless to me at the moment as well. Lack of support to do certain reporting like this with instances has been a huge pain point for me, I don't understand why it's even an issue. It was so easy to do in our previous monitoring solution (Solarwinds).

• Yes I used instance and  interface interchangeably, I suppose I mean instance but I am working with interfaces in particular at the moment