Forum Discussion

6 years ago

How to transfer data from LogicMonitor to other tools?

I was just checking the documents of LogicMonitor to know, whether there is any option to send the Data values of any of the Data points from LogicMonitor to any other tools/applications. I got the below link, where we can use the 'curl' command to fetch the data from any of the datapoints (Not sure whether this can be forwarded to any)
https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/rpc-api-developers-guide/download-data/get-data/

I would like to know whether there is any option to forward the data from LM to other applications. Or is it possible to use this Curl command in any of the scripts, which will help us to fetch the data from LogicMonitor to any other tools.

Can anybody help me on this.

5 Replies

• Another option (if you are staying with LogicMonitor) is to use an Integration. You can send the data to another source via an Escalation chain.

Related, but not related, we used this to tie in Webex Teams and LogicMonitor, so certain alerts goto our ticketing system and the chat.

• If you want to pull the data at set intervals then use a script and the REST API to extract the data.  If you want data pushed when something happens, like when an alert occurs, then use an integration.  The HTTP integration is very useful for pushing data to other systems that have webhooks to receive data.

If you want historial data, graph data for example, then you'll need to pull that using the REST API, because there's no way (that I know of) to push that using an integration.

• On 8/29/2018 at 7:49 PM, Joe Williams said:

Another option (if you are staying with LogicMonitor) is to use an Integration. You can send the data to another source via an Escalation chain.

Related, but not related, we used this to tie in Webex Teams and LogicMonitor, so certain alerts goto our ticketing system and the chat.

Hi Joe, I am very interested in the way you've created the integration with Cisco Webex to send alerts to a Webexroom. Can I contact you directly about this?

Kind regards,

Peter Meijer