Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Complex datapoint which sums all instances

I am trying to get the total current draw across 3 phases for my PDU's. I have each phase but the threshold is the sum of all 3 phases.

Is there a way to create a complex datapoint to show the total PDU current across all phases? Every example seems to operate per instance.

Example

Phase1: 20A
Phase2: 15A
Phase3: 2A

Total: 37A

Threshold: > 32A (80%)

3 Replies

• If you've one simple datapoint per each phase (phase1, phase2, phase3) then you can just create a complex one & sum the 3 simples ones (quick example below):

I would say that does the trick for you!

Regards,

Anonymous

Yeah, if you have a single datasource monitoring them, with DataPoints for each, then just add them up like @Vitor Santos mentions.

If you have a multi-instance DataSource, you'd need to either create a separate single-instance DataSource or use Service Insight to alert on the aggregate across select instances. If you just want the data (and alerting is not as important), you can do this with dashboard widgets, having them sum the data across instances.

• I have exactly the same issue : I don't manage to calculte an aggregated value in the complex datapoint. Same example as yours : just sum values.
    It is possible to use virtual datapoints to visualize your value but then you cannot be alerted on it.