Forum Discussion

Naveenkumar
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
4 months ago
Solved

Any way to pull available upgrade collector version via API,SDK or any other means.

Hi,

Any way to pull available upgrade collector version via API,SDK or any other means.

• Hello @Naveenkumar 

This is definitely something that is available via the API.  From our swagger documentation here, we have the endpoint:

https://www.logicmonitor.com/swagger-ui-master/api-v3/dist/#/CollectorVersions/getCollectorVersionList 

/setting/collector/collectors/versions

However, this endpoint returns the full list of collectors all the way back to 2017 which is not super useful.  What we can do is use the parameter of topVersions=true giving us a full endpoint of:

/setting/collector/collectors/versions?topVersions=true

Which when I just tested returned us the value that are currently available for download in the portal:

{
    "total": 3,
    "items": [
    {
    "majorVersion": 35,
    "minorVersion": 100,
    "mandatory": false,
    "stable": false,
    "releaseEpoch": 0,
    "has32bitWindows": false,
    "has32bitLinux": false
    },
    {
    "minorVersion": 0,
    "stable": true,
    "releaseEpoch": 1702538848,
    },
    {
    "majorVersion": 33,
    "minorVersion": 7,
    "mandatory": true,
    "releaseEpoch": 1693212733,
    }
    ],
    "searchId": null,
    "isMin": false
    }

Let me know if you have any questions!

6 Replies

• Hello @Naveenkumar 

This is definitely something that is available via the API.  From our swagger documentation here, we have the endpoint:

https://www.logicmonitor.com/swagger-ui-master/api-v3/dist/#/CollectorVersions/getCollectorVersionList 

/setting/collector/collectors/versions

However, this endpoint returns the full list of collectors all the way back to 2017 which is not super useful.  What we can do is use the parameter of topVersions=true giving us a full endpoint of:

/setting/collector/collectors/versions?topVersions=true

Which when I just tested returned us the value that are currently available for download in the portal:

{
    "total": 3,
    "items": [
    {
    "minorVersion": 100,
    "stable": false,
    "releaseEpoch": 0,
    },
    {
    "minorVersion": 0,
    "releaseEpoch": 1702538848,
    },
    {
    "majorVersion": 33,
    "minorVersion": 7,
    "mandatory": true,
    "releaseEpoch": 1693212733,
    }
    ],
    "searchId": null,
    "isMin": false
    }

Let me know if you have any questions!

• Hi @LMjosephBrett 

Thanks for your info.

Also, I’m assuming.
    stable: false & mandatory: false refers Early Release
    stable: true & mandatory: false refers General Release
    stable: true & mandatory: true refers Mandatory General Release

Is this true by any chance?

• Hi @LMjosephBrett 

Thanks for your info.

Also, I’m assuming.
    stable: false & mandatory: false refers Early Release
    stable: true & mandatory: false refers General Release
    stable: true & mandatory: true refers Mandatory General Release

Is this true by any chance?

This has been my experience. Stable refers to whether it’s an early access version of the collector. And mandatory refers to whether the version is allowed to talk to the LM platform (as in, whether it’s supported or not).

• @Stuart Weenig I believe mandatory doesn’t mean supported, instead I believe it refers to the policy where an update will eventually be forced by the platform. If a “mandatory” version exists and the collector is running an older version, it will eventually self-schedule an update. The mandatory updates run a month after the release, which is probably a reason the releaseepoch is there. Looking at the data, I think @Naveenkumar is correct about the labels (but I might not build any application logic on it, without confirming)

• @Stuart Weenig I believe mandatory doesn’t mean supported, instead I believe it refers to the policy where an update will eventually be forced by the platform. If a “mandatory” version exists and the collector is running an older version, it will eventually self-schedule an update. The mandatory updates run a month after the release, which is probably a reason the releaseepoch is there. Looking at the data, I think @Naveenkumar is correct about the labels (but I might not build any application logic on it, without confirming)

I think we’re intending to say the same thing.