Forum Discussion

8 months ago

Modules for Citrix Cloud/DaaS/VAD monitoring

Hi, here are some modules to monitor Citrix DaaS/VAD via the Citrix Monitor API. These might be helpful with mixture of DaaS and on-prem VAD environments as the same modules can be used for both.

Setup details are in the module notes, see the CitrixDaaS_Token notes for the Citrix Cloud API setup.

I have made the .xml export of each module available on Github, they can be downloaded from here: https://github.com/chrisred/logicmonitor-citrixdaas

The modules are:

CitrixDaaS_ApplicationUsage.xml
CitrixDaaS_ConnectionFailures.xml
CitrixDaaS_DeliveryGroups.xml
CitrixDaaS_LogonPerformace.xml
CitrixDaaS_Machines.xml
CitrixDaaS_Token.xml

I'll try to keep an eye on this post for any questions.

7 Replies

• Hi Chris

Great work!  We have this setup at monitoring a Citrix Cloud instance really well.

The only issue we seem to be having is the Logon Performance data source only ever seems to retrieve data for a single instance.

If I test the Active Discovery script, that works as expect.  It pulls out all the Delivery Groups and they're listed in the Logic Monitor UI.

If I test the actual data collection script, it only returns data for one instance (it happens to be the first

in the list in alphabetical order, not sure that is significant though).  All the other instances have No Data.  For example, if I run a "Poll Now" for one of the instance that has No Data for all datapoints, you can see that data is returned for one instance "7b86efb2......" but nothing else.

I've struggled to follow what the Groovy behind this is doing.  I'm not sure if it's a problem in the data collection or, for some reason, the Citrix Cloud API just only having this data for one Delivery Group.

Dave

• OK, you used an existing device monitoring the Cloud Connector. In that case the citrixdaas.host property should be set to the API endpoint address. So “api-eu.cloud.com” for an EU country and for other regions like the UK it should be ”api-us.cloud.com”.

The region is listed in the Citrix Cloud account details if you want to double check.

Yes, now everything has worked. Thanks for the support!

• OK, you used an existing device monitoring the Cloud Connector. In that case the citrixdaas.host property should be set to the API endpoint address. So “api-eu.cloud.com” for an EU country and for other regions like the UK it should be ”api-us.cloud.com”.

The region is listed in the Citrix Cloud account details if you want to double check.

• Hi Dorian,

Yes, they should be working. “Connection reset” sounds like a network issue. On the device you added the “citrixdass” properties to what IP Address/DNS Name is set? Assuming you have a DaaS/Cloud setup it should be one of the Citrix Cloud endpoints, e.g. api-us.cloud.com.

The notes on the “Citrix DaaS Token” datasource have some details, if that is not running successfully the others wont either.

Sorry, not quite getting there :D
    system.categories - Add "CitrixDaaS".
    citrixdaas.api.id - Citrix Cloud API Client ID.
    citrixdaas.api.key - Citrix Cloud API Client Secret.
    citrixdaas.customerid - Citrix Cloud Customer ID.
    -> I have set these attributes on the Citrix Cloud Connector system.
    What is meant by the citrixdaas.host attribute and the API regions?

• Hi Dorian,

Yes, they should be working. “Connection reset” sounds like a network issue. On the device you added the “citrixdass” properties to what IP Address/DNS Name is set? Assuming you have a DaaS/Cloud setup it should be one of the Citrix Cloud endpoints, e.g. api-us.cloud.com.

The notes on the “Citrix DaaS Token” datasource have some details, if that is not running successfully the others wont either.

• Hi Chris

Can these modules still be used with the new API? I used the modules from this article (https://community.logicmonitor.com/lm-exchange-29/citrix-cloud-monitoring-2682/index2.html) for a long time, but they are no longer compatible with the new API.
    I imported your modules and tried to test Active Discovery for different modules, but got the same error everywhere:

Does anything else need to be adjusted?

Thanks for checking, greetings
    Dorian

• Great stuff here, @chrisred .

Outstanding Community service!