Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Un-Acknowledge Alerts

We would like to request that there be a means to un-acknowledge alerts without having to disable alerting on the device in order for the alert to retain the original time stamps.  

Thank you.

10 Replies

• Another request for this.  We sometimes get things acknowledged on accident in bulk and it would be great to be able to reset those.

• And the problem with disabling/enabling alerting is that if an operator does it at the wrong level (i.e. accidental on the resrouce object, not an instance) they can accidentally revoke other alerts too.  Also, disable/enable does not always work straight away, it can take a couple of goes sometimes I find.  

So, really, we just want an option on the alert itself that simply removes the acknolwedgement, resetting it back to unacknowledged state.

• On 6/30/2017 at 7:25 PM, Aaron said:

We would like to request that there be a means to un-acknowledge alerts without having to disable alerting on the device in order for the alert to retain the original time stamps.  

Thank you.

Hi Aaron, 

Have you been able to achieve this?

We want to implement the same thing. 

• I've also requested this in the past. And, I also have need to be able to do it via the API, for example, when our workflow detects a ticket has been closed but the alert remains.

Anonymous

This is great! The more customers pile onto features, the easier it is for the product team to prioritize new features like this.

FWIW: if it's implemented at all, it would be through the API first as our GUI uses our own API calls to do everything we do in the GUI.

• Another request for this! Currently, we turn alerting on the instance off, then back on. It gets the job done, but we don't always want to give every team permission to do that. 

• Ill pile in here. Alert un-acking would be extremely useful!

• +1 for this. sometimes clearing an alert completely may not be possible. on a server disk space warning, for example, which may only be clearable to a lower threshold at a certain time, which will then retain that acknowledgement and potentially suppress a transition to a higher stage being alerted. the ability to de-acknowledge an alert manually upon actioning by an engineer would prevent this.