Forum Discussion

mnagel
Icon for Professor rankProfessor
3 years ago

remove ACK instructions and support for events

Since events seem like they can be acknowledged, our clients do so and then the next refresh generates a new event (due to continued lack of correlation capability in the product).  This just causes confusion and anger.

Please remove support for ACK of events until it actually works as it should.

6 Replies

• Better to have it as a configurable option than to remove completely as to whether or not a LogicMonitor instance can use ack with events. We find it useful as our Ops triage every event and we have long timeouts on some of them.

• On 12/22/2021 at 3:45 PM, Mosh said:

Better to have it as a configurable option than to remove completely as to whether or not a LogicMonitor instance can use ack with events. We find it useful as our Ops triage every event and we have long timeouts on some of them.

Fair enough -- then LM should make this an option in the alert rule so we can suppress ACK ability and instructions for Windows events.  It is really annoying to have to explain to folks why their efforts to stop the alerts are futile.  What we really need is basic correlation of events into incidents, but as I said I have brought this up for years.  @Stuart Weenig always says to engage CSMs, but I have (or used to until I gave up) and this one has received zero traction.

• A basic ability to define an alert deduplication key would help I think.  That's how I used to do this with Netcool OMNIbus back in the day, and it's how I still do it in ServiceNow.

• 25 minutes ago, Mosh said:

A basic ability to define an alert deduplication key would help I think.  That's how I used to do this with Netcool OMNIbus back in the day, and it's how I still do it in ServiceNow.

Exactly, but this is one of those basic things that gets no attention.  Same as things like scheduled SDT, which is woefully inadequate (needed to use the API to set an every-2-weeks schedule since that is impossible).  It doesn't add to the bottom line, so I get it, but eventually lack of attention to the core will backfire.

• Agree, it's the little productivity enhancing features that are usually high on my list when reviewing solutions and contracts.  When it starts to cost my team time and money to add missing features to LogicMonitor that when I have to start thinking about fit for purpose.

Anonymous
    On 1/6/2022 at 9:34 AM, Mosh said:

A basic ability to define an alert deduplication key would help I think.

Keep an eye open on this topic.