Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Bring back the search functionality on the 'Collectors' page

Hello, 

Starting a few weeks ago we've lost the functionality of dynamic filtering Collectors using the search box (top right corner).
I mean, we can still search collector(s) but, the results actually display ALL the collector group(s) anyway... 

This is kind of annoying & not that useful since we've >100 groups. I know this was working smoothly in the past, not entirely sure why it got removed (maybe there's an explanation but, I don't recall seeing that published on the Release Notes - correct me if I'm wrong :( ).

Thank you!

4 Replies

• 6 minutes ago, Michael Rodrigues said:

Hey @Vitor Santos, it was changed in v140 as part of a bugfix. The page didn't support pagination, so users with enough Collector Groups weren't able to see them. We reused another similar component that already had paging, but it also changed the behavior to still show those empty groups. We can look into hiding those empty groups again when filtering.

Thank you for the feedback. Is there any planning on implementing similar feature on the collector(s) page?
    Cause it's really annoying having to scroll up/down and/or changing page in order to reach the collector we want.

Thank you!

• Hey @Vitor Santos, it was changed in v140 as part of a bugfix. The page didn't support pagination, so users with enough Collector Groups weren't able to see them. We reused another similar component that already had paging, but it also changed the behavior to still show those empty groups. We can look into hiding those empty groups again when filtering.

• @Vitor Santos we'll certainly improve Collector search when that page gets the "new UI treatment", but there's currently no plan to change how it's working in the current/old UI.

• 11 hours ago, Michael Rodrigues said:

@Vitor Santos we'll certainly improve Collector search when that page gets the "new UI treatment", but there's currently no plan to change how it's working in the current/old UI.

Thank you for the input @Michael Rodrigues!