Forum Discussion

6 years ago

VMware ESXi Datasource

Does anyone have a good datasource they are using for monitoring key services on a VMware vSphere ESXi host - e.g. hostd, vpxa, vpxd, mgmt-vmware, etc?

Thanks
Will

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hey @WillFulmer,

I have a datasource that uses SSH to get hostd and vpxa status - it's not the most elegant thing I've ever put together ... but I'll send it to you in a separate message and you can take a look.

Thanks,

Kerry

• Hey @Kerry DeVilbiss,

I'm working with Will on this datasource, and we have one cluster that is failing to authenticate. This datasource is working correctly for many of my other clusters however I have one enviroment that it is failing to authenticate. The error that I and LM Support are getting is as follows, ""Clustername" returns "com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth cancel"" https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2901248/com-jcraft-jsch-jschexception-auth-cancel

Is there away around this bump in the road? A little history here is that this cluster was previously deleted and brought back into monitoring and now we are getting this authentication error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Rudy

• I was thinking maybe I had entered in the credentials incorrectly so I re-added the node but this time just by IP address. LM accepted the username and password with no issues. However when I do a poll for the VMware_ESXi_HostServices-hostD, I get the following error,

groovy.lang.GroovyRuntimeException: Ambiguous method overloading for method com.jcraft.jsch.Session#setPassword.
    Cannot resolve which method to invoke for [null] due to overlapping prototypes between:
    	[class 
    	[class java.lang.String]

Any ideas?