Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Interface Utilization Graphs in percentages

We have a need to build interface utilization graphs in both BPS and Percentages.  We are a Managed Service Provider and most of our customers want graphs in percentages instead of or in addition to the default LogicMonitor datasource graphs in BPS.  So far I haven't found anything in the knowledge base telling how to do this.  Having said that most of the other monitoring systems I've used give the option of displaying this perf data in both formats out of the box

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @jeffnorton the interface datasources in core have the datapoints InUtilizationPercent & OutUtilizationPercent as well as an accompanying utilization graph.  

We are also going to be rolling out a few fixes and improvements to the interfaces datasources, so be on the lookout for those in our release notes.

• I did some further research on this.  The interface data source I was looking at is for a VLAN data source.  That does not show a source for percentages.  That may be because the speed setting is only on the physical interface

• On 2/15/2018 at 5:51 AM, jeffnorton said:

I did some further research on this.  The interface data source I was looking at is for a VLAN data source.  That does not show a source for percentages.  That may be because the speed setting is only on the physical interface

I've created an internal ticket to research the additional datapoints. Given that its reliant on the basic speed OID to determine that, it may not be entirely possible but we will look into it and keep you updated.