Forum Discussion

4 years ago
Solved

SQL showing No Data

Hi Team,

I have a couple of collectors that are showing No Data for SQL Server. Now the SQL servers do not get used a lot as they are in a test environment, would that cause the collector to say "No Data" on all metrics? I have checked and I do not see "No Data" on other item such as CPU or memory which leads me to believe it is not a WMI issue as I have found in the past. Any ideas?

• So WinSQLServer- DataSource doesn't use WMI but uses PERFMON. Looking at the bottom of the screenshots you can see it got "NaN" for several items. I can't speak for SQL directly but many times when I see perfmon issues in windows, it usually due to the counters missing on the system itself and that you need to repair them. I would google something like "perfmon mssql counters missing" and try reviewing some of the items listed there.

4 Replies

• To provide some more generic information when you see "No Data" on the resource page... The first thing I suggest you do is go to the Raw tab and use Poll Now. This actually can provide a lot of useful troubleshooting information. It will show what it attempted and the output or results. If you post a screenshot of it, we might be able to help out. You might want to block/blur out any sensitive information though.

• I am attaching a couple of screenshots. Just states "No result returned for referred counter." All other counters seem to be working ok.

• So WinSQLServer- DataSource doesn't use WMI but uses PERFMON. Looking at the bottom of the screenshots you can see it got "NaN" for several items. I can't speak for SQL directly but many times when I see perfmon issues in windows, it usually due to the counters missing on the system itself and that you need to repair them. I would google something like "perfmon mssql counters missing" and try reviewing some of the items listed there.