Forum Discussion

Cole_McDonald
Icon for Professor rankProfessor
4 years ago

SDT Rest API question...

From the Device perspective, what do the three(?) elements of the sdtstatus mean?  Looking at a device, I see "none-none-none" or something like "none-SDT-none" where one of the elements is replaced with SDT.  @Sarah Terry?

3 Replies

• You're right. It's documented in the older APIv1 documentation at https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/rest-api-developers-guide/v1/devices/about-the-device-resource . The old documentation is still important even for v2 context.

sdtStatus: This parameter has three values separated by ‘-‘. The first value indicates whether there is an active SDT for a group the device belongs to, the second value indicates whether there is an active SDT for the device itself, and the third value indicates whether there is an active SDT for a datasource or instance on the device

Anonymous

I can't find it in the swagger docs, but if I had to guess, i'd say it's whether or not SDT is applied at the group-device-instance level. alertDisableStatus has the same thing, which got me thinking about it.