Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Missing JDBC connection string

Hello,

I have recently seen a few of these tickets com across the board and was wondering if anyone would be able to give me a quick breakdown as to what this actually is and what the benefits would be to add this into the instance.

SQL Server Troubleshooter-MSSQLSERVER Missing JDBC connection string.  Manually add one to mssql.mssqlserver.mssql_url or check login informations exitCode
A Microsoft SQL server has configuration problems or a logon error.    MSSQLSERVER Missing JDBC connection string.  Manually add one to mssql.mssqlserver.mssql_url or check login informations

Thanks in Advance!

2 Replies

Anonymous

There is a "troubleshooter" DataSource that checks servers that appear to be MSSQL servers to see if LM has the credentials necessary to log into that SQL server. In this case, LM thinks the server is a MSSQL server, but cannot log into the MSSQL instance. If you don't want to monitor this MSSQL server, there are several options for disabling the troubleshooter DS. If you do want to monitor them, you'll need to add the MSSQL credentials so that LM can log into the MSSQL instance and monitor it with the out of the box MSSQL DataSources. 

• Thanks Stuart I have about 300 of these errors...Checking your resolution on some servers to see how it goes...

Dominique