Forum Discussion

2 years ago
Solved

Meraki monitoring within Logic Monitor

Hi all,

I am attempting to monitor a Meraki MX appliance from LM, I have setup the API but can only see connected clients and connected status..

Is there a way to monitor the up/down status or packet loss of an MX device through LM?

Thank you

• I am pleased to tell you that we have developed this functionality that is currently undergoing pre-release quality control reviews.  If you would like to be considered as an early adopter, please DM me and we can discuss this.

3 Replies

• I am pleased to tell you that we have developed this functionality that is currently undergoing pre-release quality control reviews.  If you would like to be considered as an early adopter, please DM me and we can discuss this.

• I am attempting to add Meraki switches to LogicMonitor by following the steps in this link:

https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/monitoring/networking-firewalls/cisco-meraki-monitoring

Step 1, which makes no sense to me is:  

• Import the LogicMonitor_Collector_Snippets DataSource and apply it to your monitored collector resource to ensure that your collector supports the code in this monitoring suite, or update to EA Collector 32.100 or later.

I can tell step 2 thru the last step make no sense to me either.  This link was the only thing the Logicmonitor Tech could provide me after I opened a ticket.   I guess I am about to open a new ticket with LogicMonitor for each and every step described in this link.  It will take me forever before I can get Logicmonitor to monitor my Meraki switches, but since there are no youtube videos for me to watch I have no choice but to follow this path.  Very frustrating. 

Hi, John and I’m sorry you are having a poor experience.  Can you tell me if you’re wanting to add your Meraki MS devices as LogicMonitor resources and monitoring them with local SNMP, or if you’re trying to monitor them as DataSource instances of a Meraki Network Resource?

• I am attempting to add Meraki switches to LogicMonitor by following the steps in this link:

https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/monitoring/networking-firewalls/cisco-meraki-monitoring

Step 1, which makes no sense to me is:  

• Import the LogicMonitor_Collector_Snippets DataSource and apply it to your monitored collector resource to ensure that your collector supports the code in this monitoring suite, or update to EA Collector 32.100 or later.

I can tell step 2 thru the last step make no sense to me either.  This link was the only thing the Logicmonitor Tech could provide me after I opened a ticket.   I guess I am about to open a new ticket with LogicMonitor for each and every step described in this link.  It will take me forever before I can get Logicmonitor to monitor my Meraki switches, but since there are no youtube videos for me to watch I have no choice but to follow this path.  Very frustrating.