I have 19 servers under Logic Monitor for the group I am managing.
When trying to collect the dashboard I am getting various error:
- 10 servers from the group has an error: WMI is not accessible for several servers (first screenshot top widget) even they are on the same subnet as other servers giving another 10.6.195.xxx
- VRPSCCMRS01 (10.6.195.211) is not responding to WMI or SNMP queries, yet is listening on the Microsoft RPC port.
- It is likely this is a Windows system. If this is not a Windows system, enable SNMP, then re-run Active Discovery against this device.
- Reported error value is 2.0; this value corresponds to one of the following hexadecimal error codes and possible issues:
- 0=Timeout or other error - see decErrorCode datapoint value and convert to hexadecimal if non-zero.
- 1=0x80070005 DCOM permissions error.
- 2=0x800706ba Firewall or server unavailable.
- 3=0x80041003 Denied access to namespace, or WMI counter rebuild may be needed.
- 4=0x80041017 WMI counter rebuild may be needed.
- 5=0x80070422 WMI service stopped or disabled.
- For WMI troubleshooting steps, please visit:
- Alternatively, search for the hexadecimal error codes online.
- This occurred at 2020-03-25 09:08:20 PDT, -- or 35h 50m ago.
- 6 servers from the group will appear in the dashboard but shows a "No Data" (second screenshot attached) for the server from the same subnet as above
- 3 servers do not show in Alerts neither in Widget...
Any help will be appreciated...
You want to focus on the Resources tab to make sure your added devices are working correctly. It sounds like WMI monitoring is not working and there is a support page that covers WMI troubleshooting at https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/monitoring/os-virtualization/troubleshooting-wmi
That's right @Mike Moniz. What's likely going on here is that the set of user credentials used to run your collector doesn't have permission to do WMI queries on those servers and/or you don't have WMI credentials added as properties on the parent group containing those servers. Either way, what you know is this: LM thinks those servers are windows servers based on the open ports, however, when the collector tries to query via WMI, it's not successful.
Exactly the answer the account was not having sufficient permissions