Forum Discussion

11 months ago
Solved

Azure Monitor metric namespaces

We have a requirement to access metrics exposed in Azure Monitor under a different metric namespace (azure.vm.linux.guestmetrics). is it possible to extend the available namespace in anyway, or would I have to use a script collector to hit the azure monitor API?

• Good afternoon @rthomasgww,

As of this moment, it isn’t possible to specify an alternate metric namespace with the core Azure modules, you would have to leverage a custom script in this scenario. Investigating the matter, it would seem we’d evaluated the viability of doing so previously and found it would would take a considerable amount of work while very few customers had any need or benefit. With that said, I would recommend submitting feedback through your portal to formally request support for this functionality.

Warm regards,
    Tyler Wisdom

1 Reply

• Good afternoon @rthomasgww,

As of this moment, it isn’t possible to specify an alternate metric namespace with the core Azure modules, you would have to leverage a custom script in this scenario. Investigating the matter, it would seem we’d evaluated the viability of doing so previously and found it would would take a considerable amount of work while very few customers had any need or benefit. With that said, I would recommend submitting feedback through your portal to formally request support for this functionality.

Warm regards,
    Tyler Wisdom