Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Display IIS App Pool Process Memory and CPU use with App Pool name as Instance ID

I have been using a Powershell script for a while now that used Batch Script (to not use as much collector resources as my company has TONS of App Pools per box)

This links Win32_PerfRawData_PerfProc_Process with Win32_Process using the process ID for discovery. Instead of having an ugly instance name (W3WP#1,W3WP#2 etc) it now will display the AppPool name from the command line.

We recycle AppPools nightly. This will run discovery every hour as it stands although, the collection uses instance ID ,matching the Command line so no holes in the data

LM Exchange ID: 2WHYY4

3 Replies

• I tried to use the LM Exchange ID 2WHYY4, and the system could not find the datasource. I was wondering if you had a new ID?

• On 5/2/2017 at 1:56 PM, Zsmith said:

I have been using a Powershell script for a while now that used Batch Script (to not use as much collector resources as my company has TONS of App Pools per box)

This links Win32_PerfRawData_PerfProc_Process with Win32_Process using the process ID for discovery. Instead of having an ugly instance name (W3WP#1,W3WP#2 etc) it now will display the AppPool name from the command line.

We recycle AppPools nightly. This will run discovery every hour as it stands although, the collection uses instance ID ,matching the Command line so no holes in the data

LM Exchange ID: 2WHYY4

@Zsmith looks like your locator ID isn't working. would you mind republishing ?

• @Zsmith I realize this is over two years old but have you by chance reuploaded to the exchange?

If not, could you? We'd really like to link the apppool with the processid.