Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Basic Synology

Greetings All,

I came up with a few additional Synology datasources and a property source since I realized I was without this information. Let me know if you find them useful. I'm still exploring other SNMP data available via the Synology platform. Please note you must add the system.categories "synology" in addition to whatever else may be present (snmp,TCPUDP,etc.) as I haven't yet successfully configured the SNMP SysOID Maps for Synology devices; any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

F4T3CX = Synology Disk Status (Individual disk failures and temperatures)

R977RE = Synology DiskStation Manager software upgrade availability

PR4DGP = PropertySource for gathering and displaying Model, Serial, and DSM Version in the info tab.

Respectfully,

Alejandro Esmael

5 Replies

• Looks like you cannot use a SysOID map on this one as the system ID is "Linux", then you have to check for the DSM system MIB.  This can be done in a propertysource.  I cloned the one for snmpUptime, set applies to as "hasCategory("snmp") && isLinux()" and tweaked to check for the DSM system status OID (2R2Y3E):

// import the logicmonitor snmp helper class
    import com.santaba.agent.groovyapi.snmp.Snmp;

// get the snmp host from the device properties
    def host = hostProps.get('system.hostname');

// retrieve the value for the specified OID
    try 
    {
        oid_value = Snmp.get(host, ".1.3.6.1.4.1.6574.1.1.0");
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
        oid_value = null;
    }

// output the value
    if (oid_value)
    {
        println "system.categories=SynologyDSM";
    }

// return with a response code that indicates we ran successfully
    return (0);

• Updated:

9WMFE7 = Synology Disk Status (Individual disk failures and temperatures) (now with Graphs!)

• FWIW, I changed the diskstatus DP threshold in our copy from != 1 1 1 to > 1 1 3 -- I care about uninitialized disks, but not quite that much :).

• On 1/31/2019 at 11:06 PM, Alejandro Esmael said:

Greetings All,

I came up with a few additional Synology datasources and a property source since I realized I was without this information. Let me know if you find them useful. I'm still exploring other SNMP data available via the Synology platform. Please note you must add the system.categories "synology" in addition to whatever else may be present (snmp,TCPUDP,etc.) as I haven't yet successfully configured the SNMP SysOID Maps for Synology devices; any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

F4T3CX = Synology Disk Status (Individual disk failures and temperatures)

R977RE = Synology DiskStation Manager software upgrade availability

PR4DGP = PropertySource for gathering and displaying Model, Serial, and DSM Version in the info tab.

Respectfully,

Alejandro Esmael

Great stuff @Alejandro Esmael

Any update on PR4DGP as it is still showing "Import Error: This LogicModule is currently undergoing security review. It will be available for import only after our engineers have validated the scripted elements." ?

Please advise

Will