Forum Discussion

A11ey
Former Employee
2 years ago

Introduce Yourself!

Hello!  Welcome to the NEW LogicMonitor Community!   Let’s get to know each other! Introduce yourself here in this thread. Share where you work, where you live, your role, and how you use LogicMonitor. But don’t stop there! Add any other interesting information, fun fact or even a fun picture. I’m looking forward to sharing this space with you.

I am Allison Fasching, @A11ey the Director of Community here at LogicMonitor. I’m happy to be here with you, building a place for all LM users to connect, collaborate, and share knowledge.

About me: I live in rural Kansas and I love Bernese Mountain Dogs, so much in fact I have 4 of them!  Drogo, Arya, Khal & Sansa!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

• Ha! Fellow MTG player (@chris.lenz), we need a meetup next time there’s an in person LevelUp. Been playing since ‘94. Been making with 3d printers and RPi since 5-6 years ago. I’m also an off-roader (@Cole McDonald) with my Jeep helping with hurricane cleanup in TX and LA since 2017 (meet my jeep). 

I worked at LM from 2019-2022 when I switched over to working for Aqueduct Technologies, an MSP out of Boston serving mostly the New England area. Most of you have probably heard of me, because I was a pretty vocal part of the old community, unofficially holding the reins. I’ve been in the IM space since 2006 when I joined NetQoS right out of college (LA Tech). 

• I jumped straight in this morning and overlooked this part.

My name is Cole and I work with @chris.lenz at Netgain Technology.  I was previously at Beyond Impact and managed the LM deployment there as well as SCOM before they changed over to LogicMonitor.

I’ve been programming and making things using computers since the mid-70s.  First programming experience was done on a teletype and saved to punch cards.

I am a Father, Husband, Filmmaker, Off-Roader, Fencer, Performer, Archaeologist.  I think it’s important to challenge normal and question standards.  I don’t believe in the “box” to think outside of.

• Morning All, my name is Chris. I’m a NOC Engineer at Netgain Technology, a multi-industry MSP based out of Minnesota.  I’m part of small team (shoutout @Cole McDonald) using LM to monitor infrastructure and resources of our internal environment as well as our client’s, in both public and private cloud.

Outside of work; I’ve got two cats (both rescued strays) and in my free time enjoy gaming (digital, board games, TTRPGs, MtG), MAKEing (3D Printing, Miniature Painting, Resin crafting, Woodwork, Sublimation printing, laser cutting, etc), as well as experiencing good food, beer, and whiskey!

ColP
    Icon for LM Champion rankLM Champion

Hope this will be as good as Mission Control was!