Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Using Instance Properties to add individual instances to a service.

So as part of our observability work I am looking at possibly building out services by a property service.name in this case "Login" so for physical hardware this will be fine but we have a number of virtual servers that make up the login service, I have created a login Service and added a property filter for service.name Login but it is not working.

Therefore my question is when adding individual instances can you utilise the property filter in the service to identify individual instances.

2 Replies

Anonymous

The instance field is looking for the display name (wildalias) of the instance. It doesn't take into consideration properties, unless something's changed that i'm unaware of.

• 1 minute ago, Stuart Weenig said:

The instance field is looking for the display name (wildalias) of the instance. It doesn't take into consideration properties, unless something's changed that i'm unaware of.

I guessed that was the case, I was hoping to do something a bit clever, I guess I could look at doing something with the API to maintain the instances based on the property and maintain it every "x" period of time.

I will have to think about that some more.

Thanks