Forum Discussion

6 months ago

SAP ERP Job Monitoring - inside SAP console

Can LM monitor the SAP ERP Job (background jobs) for their status/availability ? . I don’t find any module except SAP HANA in LM. 

Please help me with any insights to get this done as a custom datasource

2 Replies

• Unfortunately, i don’t have any experience with that particular tech.

However, your question isn’t “can LM do X?”. Your question is actually, “Does LM already have a module to do X?”. You’ve actually already answered that question by looking through the exchange for a module that does it finding nothing. 

So your question is now, “Has anyone built a module that does this and not posted it to the exchange? If so, where could I find it?”

If the answer to that is no, your next question would be, “how would i build such a module?"

To get you started, you’d need to figure out how to get at the data in a programmatic way. How would you get that data today manually as a human? Would you log into a web UI and look at something there? Would you issue a command via SSH? Would you run a PowerShell script? The answer to that will determine how you proceed.

Also, look at JobMonitors.

• Hi @Prabakaran

Unfortunately, We do not currently have any Core DataSource to monitor SAP ERP Jobs. However, you might consider submitting a Feature Request Ticket. You may do so via the "Feedback" option under the "Contact Support" section in your account.