Forum Discussion

Drelo
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
3 days ago

Resource Tree Deprecation?

I missed the latest the recent virtual Roadmap Roadshow. When reviewing the summary notes from the session, I noticed the following statement regarding the resource tree.

Resource Explorer: Say goodbye to the traditional resource tree! Our new Resource Explorer is designed for modern environments like Cloud and Kubernetes. It leverages metadata and tagging to help you quickly find and visualize resources.

I don't see how resource explorer can provide feature parity when it comes to filtering, setting custom/inherited properties, grouping devices, API query refinement etc. If we lose this functionality, the product loses half it's value.

Is there anyone in the community that sat in for this session that can provide some more context? 

• I don't think they mean that literally. There wasn't anything about the normal Resource Tree going away that I heard and don't think they have plans to do that. If anything I would say Explorer was more of a meh reception from us but I did play with it a little more as they talked about it. I think they are just being overly dramatic with that statement. :)

• I don't think they mean that literally. There wasn't anything about the normal Resource Tree going away that I heard and don't think they have plans to do that. If anything I would say Explorer was more of a meh reception from us but I did play with it a little more as they talked about it. I think they are just being overly dramatic with that statement. :)

• "Say goodbye to the traditional resource tree!" is something only a gleeful AI generating some marketing copy would say.

Ignore it.