Forum Discussion

2 months ago

param not found error in datapoint mapping

Hello,

I am new to LogicMonitor and need some help. 

I was working on creating a datasource where the groovy script returns line based output like:

QueueDepth.Queue_Name_1=24

QueueDepth.Queue_Name_2=20

The datapoints are created like:

Queue_Name_1 → Key- ##WILDVALUE##.Queue_Name_1

Queue_Name_2 → Key- ##WILDVALUE##.Queue_Name_2

However, when the data gets polled, it is unable to retrieve it:

NaN param not found in output - (method=namevalue, param=.Queue_Name_1)

Can someone please let me know what I am missing here.

Regards,

Shivam

9 Replies

• Thanks  Mike for replying.
    Yes, it is BatchScript Collector type, and the groovy script is returning data as:

QueueDepth.Queue_Name_1=24

QueueDepth.Queue_Name_2=20

• What is the autodiscover script returning? something like this?

QueueDepth##QueueDepth

Or if you are using manual instances, what are you filling out for the wildcard instance?

The error message looks like the WildValue is blank. If your using Poll Now, what does it show for “##WILDVALUE##“ in the Raw Request/Response section?

• Are you using the BatchScript Collector type? Is the Autodiscover method/script returning valid WildValues?

• I would expect the Poll Now to look something like this (I made up example instances)

Also normally you would do instances the other way around, The WildValue would be the name of the Queue and QueueDepth would be the datapoint, something like this:
    Prod.QueueDepth=24
    TestQueue.QueueDepth=3
    Dev.QueueDepth=20
    MyQueue.QueueDepth=50

• somehow the newline is getting removed for script output in the comment section. Please ignore it.

• NaN param not found in output - (method=namevalue, param=.Queue_Name_1)

This error leads me to believe you’re specifying something weird in the actual datapoint ‘Interpret output with’ section itself. Can you share a screenshot of an example datapoint and how you’ve specified the parsing strategy? Here is what I might expect this to look like (with ```Queue_name_#``` being your ##wildvalue##)

• Wait, what is the name of your instances? Is the name QueueDepth or are the names of the things you’re trying to monitor Queue_Name_1, Queue_Name_2, etc? It seems like you’ve got things reversed a little bit. 

Echoing @Mike Moniz‘s question:

What is the autodiscover script returning?

This will determine what your collection script output needs to look like.

• For Poll Now, the Request/Response section looks like:

errOutput

exitCode
    output
    null
    responseTime
    scriptOutput
    QueueDepth.Queue_Name_1=24QueueDepth.Queue_Name_2=20