Forum Discussion

7 months ago

Off Cycle Datasource Updates

I saw in another post that there was an off cycle update to a Meraki Datasource due to a found bug. Is there a place we can be notified of such off cycle updates? I am just thinking of the situation where if we utilized that, but didn’t realize there was a bug and we wouldn’t update for a long while.

3 Replies

• I think it would definitely be a good thing to have a bulletin, or other, that shares this hot information. Maybe a pop-up window present in the LM portal would suffice. 

I would not suggest any pop-up windows, especially ones that might be MSP customer facing. Bulletin or the like sounds good.

Also wondering is there even a cycle? I thought it was just when LM finishes some DataSource changes, it just gets put in the repo immediately and then it just gets mentioned in the next release notes.

• Also wondering is there even a cycle? I thought it was just when LM finishes some DataSource changes, it just gets put in the repo immediately and then it just gets mentioned in the next release notes.

That’s correct @Mike Moniz , these improvements to LogicModules do not get completed as part of any regular cycle. I believe bug fixes get treated like any other improvement to the module, and go through a series of tests before public release. Information about new Modules, and Module updates, are gathered and mentioned within the Release Notes of a platform update.

• Hi, Joe,

I think the only place we discuss updates to modules in any degree is our Release Notes page:
    https://www.logicmonitor.com/release-notes

I think it would definitely be a good thing to have a bulletin, or other, that shares this hot information. Maybe a pop-up window present in the LM portal would suffice.