Forum Discussion

acampbell78
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
2 months ago
Solved

New Widget display Dead Devices

Hi, I want to create a new widget to display all dead devices in our LogicMonitor instance.

Can anyone advise how this can be done? And what is the best widget type to use?

Thanks

• There are a couple of ways:

• You could setup an alert list filtered down to the idleInterval datapoint of the Host Status datasource. The nice thing about this is that you can add other properties of the device as columns on the alert list widget.
    • You could setup a dynamic group containing the dead devices, then use a table widget to show any metric common to all of them (idle interval, ping, etc.).

Let me know if you need specific guidance on either of these. Unfortunately, there's no "device list" widget. It has been requested though. The number of times it has been requested is anecdotally high because of the advantage of adding device properties as columns.

5 Replies

• There are a couple of ways:

• You could setup an alert list filtered down to the idleInterval datapoint of the Host Status datasource. The nice thing about this is that you can add other properties of the device as columns on the alert list widget.
    • You could setup a dynamic group containing the dead devices, then use a table widget to show any metric common to all of them (idle interval, ping, etc.).

Let me know if you need specific guidance on either of these. Unfortunately, there's no "device list" widget. It has been requested though. The number of times it has been requested is anecdotally high because of the advantage of adding device properties as columns.

• Hello acampbell78 I hope this finds you well!

As a hybrid approach to what Stuart_Weenig has suggested, you can somewhat combine both methods, using UIv4 (the "new UI preview") for dashboards. In this case I am demonstrating the NOC widget, but there is a new feature that allows you to add dashboard-wide filters, for specifically resource properties.

If you add a filter for system.hoststatus, you can select it to filter only the resources marked as dead. You can then save the current view (which includes your current filter settings), for easy access later:

For context, I used the "list" mode for the NOC widget, instead of grid

mray
        Icon for LM Conqueror rankLM Conqueror
        Stuart_Weenig wrote:

Does it persist?

Yes, if you save the view

Stuart_Weenig wrote:

Does it apply to multiple users?

Not currently, but our devs are working on getting this functionality released in an upcoming portal version! I would still encourage folks to submit product feedback for what specific features they are looking for.