Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Ms

Hello, I'm new with LogicMonitor. Need help on how to find where is logs directory located?

I have to configure Filebeat (Elastic) and need to populate the path value. I believe the path value is based on the LogicMonitor logs directory (no?)

Well I have no knowledge on LogicMonitor at all and can't find reference in Elastic to related to integration between this two apps. Appreciate any help if you have experience with integration between LogicMonitor and Kibana (Elastic). The ultimate goal is to be able visualize data in Kibana from LogicMonitor data.

Huge thanks!
Ana.

1 Reply

• I'm not familiar with Kibana but the Collector logs are stored by default at c:\Program Files (x86)\LogicMonitor\Agent\logs\ but these log files are meant for troubleshooting collector problems. They are not meant (and may not contain) any performance/alerting data from your monitored devices. LogicMonitor is a cloud PaaS monitoring solution so all the monitoring data is kept and stored within the LogicMonitor portal on the cloud, not in your on-prem devices. If you need to independently process or visualize performance data that LogicMonitor is collecting, you likely need to export it via one of LogicMonitor's built in reports or use the REST API.