Forum Discussion

2 years ago

LM with CLoudgenic (Palo Alto Prisma SD-WAN) API support?

Recently started our journey with LM and we use Cloudgenix as our SD-WAN. We set up the NetScan using the Cloudgenix Groovy script provided by LM Support, but seems to only discover 240 devices of our 268, and after the scan runs, only minimal data is discovered on the ION's which then show dead.

Is anyone successfully using the Cloudgenix NetScan successfully?

19 Replies

• Just now, Stuart Weenig said:

Yeah, sandbox portal doesn't have customer devices in it, so no dice for mine.

Same.. haven't had an ION in our lab portal is years.. will see if Palo will issue some eval's for VM's perhaps..

• As this is a "monitoring" solution, testing stuff in Prod is perfectly fine with us at Columbia. LM hasn't gone Prod yet in our environment either, so no harm in a few thousand accidental alerts ?

• 1 minute ago, Stuart Weenig said:

Must be nice not to 2014 FIFA World Cup |OT3| Saturday 21st: ARG v IRN // GER v GHA // NGA v  BIH | Page 7 | NeoGAF when you make a change in your portal.

We are still in our Pro Services engagement for turn up, so I am addeding and deleting things daily to figure out what might break next ? It's a sea of red triangles man, a sea of them.

• Ha, we've already gone to production and the only time things are clean are the first 59 seconds after i onboard a customer's devices.

• Just now, Stuart Weenig said:

Ha, we've already gone to production and the only time things are clean are the first 59 seconds after i onboard a customer's devices.

I can imagine as a Monitoring solution for multiple tenancy that things are bit more dicey. Worst case for my crew is we mess up an escalation chain and we get 100's of tickets instead of 10. Fortunately the ticketing system has bulk delete ?

• Gotta say, after 3 years of nearly NO monitoring.. having over 1,000 instances of stuff per device LM looks at is a dream... Turned over so many rocks it feels like I ran through a quarry of shale with bare feet..

• Yep, was just talking with one of my noc guys who said, "LogicMonitor found another one we didn't even know about"

• Ah well.. we have another road block in our success path. As Cloudgenix Customer #1 (were using them before they came out of beta) we are established in their hood.cloudgenix.com portal structure. Can't make use of the Palo Alto SASE API until all our data is copied over to Palo Servers in May 2023...