Forum Discussion

Naveenkumar
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
5 hours ago

Issue in auto refreshing EC2 properties

I’m encountering an issue with my Windows ASG group EC2 instances. Whenever a new instance is added, certain properties from a dynamic group—most notably “wmi.user” and “wmi.pass”—are applied. However, by the time the instance is registered in LogicMonitor, WMI isn’t immediately available because some automations are still configuring the WMI credentials on the host.

A few minutes later, WMI starts working on the host, and I can successfully test it using wbemtest from the local collector. However, the LogicMonitor portal still shows that WMI is not responding. Interestingly, when I use the collector’s debug console and explicitly specify the WMI credentials, it pulls the information successfully. But if I don’t specify the credentials manually, it fails to work.

The only way to resolve this is by manually running “refresh properties,” after which WMI starts working without making any changes.

I’m trying to figure out if there’s a way to automatically force a properties refresh every 15 minutes to ensure everything works as expected without manual intervention.

No RepliesBe the first to reply