Forum Discussion

9 months ago
Solved

How to make collector down alert visible at Dashboard?

Hi Guru, As title. 
I am trying to make collector down alert to be visible at Dashboard just like normal other alert such as ping loss/ host down etc.

May I know how can this be done?

• There is no such thing as a collector down alert. There’s only the notification that a collector went down. Big time feature request from pretty much every LM customer since the beginning of collectors/alerts in LM.

What I did is create a “Collector Problem Detector” datasource that queries the API for each collector to determine things like up/down, proper version, etc. We can’t exactly use these alerts though as they cross our tenant boundaries pretty bad. Surprisingly, even though there are about 35 datasources for collector metrics, this isn’t one of them.

1 Reply

• There is no such thing as a collector down alert. There’s only the notification that a collector went down. Big time feature request from pretty much every LM customer since the beginning of collectors/alerts in LM.

What I did is create a “Collector Problem Detector” datasource that queries the API for each collector to determine things like up/down, proper version, etc. We can’t exactly use these alerts though as they cross our tenant boundaries pretty bad. Surprisingly, even though there are about 35 datasources for collector metrics, this isn’t one of them.