Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Forcepoint status page

Noticed there was a datasource for status IO page but the instructions suggest looking up an App ID by appending api/v2/status.json at the end of the URL. I wasnt able to find that info for Forcepoint (https://status.forcepoint.com/#/)

Was checking to see if this was indeed on a status IO page and if the datasource would work?

The goal was to get the heath status info via Logic Monitor.

Thanks.

8 Replies

Anonymous

It should work with the ID 78lm3dxlst13. 

I had to do some digging in Chrome dev tools to figure this out. If you're interested, I can document how I found it. Essentially, Forcepoint has a vanity URL that points to its status page hosted by StatusPage.io. The page /api/v2/status.json isn't mapped from the vanity URL, so I had to do some digging.

I'm not sure if it's a problem with my version of the DS, but I couldn't get it to work by manually setting statuspageio_key on the device. Give it a shot, and if it doesn't discover the instances after a few minutes, reply back here and I'll show you what modifications I made to my copy of the DS to get it working.

• Hi Stuart,

Thanks your DS and PS it seems to be working. Have a small issue I have added the DS and PS in LM and PS was able to find the key and it has discovered the instances but it cannot add all the instances in instance group. When we test the script it shows all instances.   For eg. Instance Group Web Security Service shows Data centre locations but there are more data centre locations but they have not been added. 

Let me know any help is appreciated.

Thank You

Anonymous

Are you using my version of the DS from github? It's not the most updated since LM advanced my DS into production. If you go to the DS, you should see Locator PZ2GRJ, version 1.1.0. I have taken this version and modified it slightly to meet my needs. You shouldn't need those modifications. In mine, i'm seeing 28 Web Security Service instances grouped under "Web Security Service".

• Hi Stuart,

Yes using your DS from github. Have tried StatusIO DS (PZ2GRJ) but it doesnt work not sure why. The test scripts fails. 

• Please disregard the above. Worked it out. 

Thanks Stuart :)/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Anonymous

You shouldn't need to use my DS from github, but I'm glad it works. Out of curiosity, what did you have to change to get it to work? I am trying to figure out if it's the same changes I made to my local copy.

• PropertySource from LM : addCategory_StatusPageIO_Key doesnt discover the API key but your PropertySource discovers the API without any issues so I added the below from LM propertysource into your PropertySource

println "StatusPageIO_Key=" + my_json['page']['id']
    println "system.categories=StatusPageIO_Key_Exists"

Once the auto properties were added on the resource LM StatusIO DS (PZ2GRJ) worked. 

I could have done it manually by adding the above keys to resource but workaround to use your PS and LM StatusIO DS.

Anonymous

Ah yes. I prefer just manually adding the key, but that works too.