Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Enable Monitoring for Latch/Lock

Hi Team,

In LM under datasource "SQL Server Global Performance" >> under port >>there is 1 graph latch/lock , how can we enable monitoring for this. please Support 

Regards

3 Replies

Anonymous

I think you may have answered your own question. You should probably reach out to support for this kind of thing. The community is a great place to find help with things, but we are not technical support.

As to your question, I'm not sure. I'd need more details. What's the datasource name? What datapoints figure into that graph? Are you successfully monitoring your SQL server for other metrics?

• Hi Stuart ,

Data Source name is "SQL SERVER GLOBAL PERFORMANCE" under this datasource we have 1 instance MSSQLSERVER(port-1433). when i am selecting this Instance  & going to Graph tab at right hand side then we can see many graphs out of those couples are named latch/lock requests.

my query is how can we enable monitoring for this latch/lock . at the left hand side many datasource and Instance are there i think here i have to include latch/lock  or under datasource  "SQL SERVER GLOBAL PERFORMANCE"

Regards

Anonymous

Ok, when you select the MSSQLSERVER(port-1433) instance and see all the graphs on the right hand side, do the other graphs have data? If so, the problem is a single datapoint. If not, the problem is likely authentication.