Forum Discussion

thedietz
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
2 years ago

asset inventory question

Anyone care to share your strategy to make sure all your assets from your infrastructure are in LogicMonitor.  Are you doing nightly or weekly netscans of subnets?  I am not sure that is entire possibly as i work in healthcare and wouldn't to scan networks with possible medical equipment on it.

We have the ServiceNow service graph connector configured...but as it was explained to us we need to add each devices to the Devices Table and then it syncs out to LogicMonitor.

I have vRealize Automation configured in our environment and i added to the script to create a CSV of all new builds....so I do have that to reference..but we have vendor OVAs that come in the door...physical servers that are not built with vRA etc.  Just trying to think of a good idea on how to keep LogicMonitor as up to date as possible with all our assets.

Thank you for any suggestions

2 Replies

• 12 minutes ago, Stuart Weenig said:

The first thing that comes to mind is to compare what's in LM to some single source of truth. Sounds like you don't have that source of truth. Unless SNow is it. If so, use the LM Python SDK to get everything out of LM and compare to what's in SNow.

SNOW is source of truth.  Maybe i'll script something to pull from LM and SNOW and then do a comparison.  

• The first thing that comes to mind is to compare what's in LM to some single source of truth. Sounds like you don't have that source of truth. Unless SNow is it. If so, use the LM Python SDK to get everything out of LM and compare to what's in SNow.